Namibian Marine Phosphate

Mawarid’s operations in Namibia are helmed by the Sandpiper Marine Phosphate project (Sandpiper Project). The Sandpiper Project is a world class deposit comprising some 1.6 billion tons of pelletal phosphate and is located offshore on the continental shelf some 120km southwest of Walvis Bay in Namibia. The Sandpiper Project aims to lead the establishment of a fertilizer industry in Namibia, bringing much needed foreign investment, increasing employment, and contributing to the country’s GDP.

The Sandpiper Project is held in the Namibian registered entity Namibian Marine Phosphate (Pty) Limited (NMP), where Mawarid is the majority shareholder holding 85% of the issued equity, and local Namibian partner Havana Investments holding the remaining 15% equity.

Proven and Probable Reserves: 132.8 Million tons <